Rain, Rain Go Away
Yeah, it' s raining AGAIN! The saying "April Showers Bring May Flowers" is really late this year, more like "June Showers bring July's Flowers". It's been raining off and on for almost 2 weeks. Today's the 4th and we had plans to go to a riverside festival then watch fireworks, not sure it's going to happen now that it's raining. The boys are going to be so disappointed. We haven't done to much this weekend/week. With dh working midnight and trying to dodge the rain, it's impossible. Just watched the weather and it's supposed to clear up Wednesday evening and be nice through Sunday. So this weekend maybe we'll go somewhere. We are supposed to head to the Big Butler Fair on Thursday (www.bigbutlerfair.com). The kids love that! But again, we have to home in time for dh to get to work! My brother camps out there every year so we'll go early enough, hang out with him and his family and then go ride and watch the attractions. The kids love to see the animals and ride the rides over and over and over again!
We swam for a little bit yesterday (well not we, the boys) and I sat and talked on the phone and watched them! Getting that solar heater is the best thing we could have done. The pool is so warm, going at at least 83 degrees daily.
ds3 is still trying to work his way into my bed at night. He was up 3 times last night all within the same 1/2 an hour. He stands beside my bed and tells me he had a nightmare within the same 15 minutes. Then I send him back to bed!! Last night after the 3rd time I gave him an opportunity to use his own judgement...I told him if he was really scared, he's welcome to get into bed with me but that means when we wake up in the morning there will be NO games or computer. Then he proceeds to think for a few minutes and asks if he asks if that includes his toys, I say NO! He thinks for awhile and heads back to his own bed. I think I may have hit the nail on the head!
Going to work out now, so Happy Fourth Of July everyone, please pray for the troops fighting for us!! That was once my dh and I thank god everyday he came home to us :)

1 Comments:
Hope the rain clears up, that you can enjoy fireworks tonight and that you have fun at the fair later in the week!
Post a Comment
<< Home